Draft Special Meeting Minutes for June 7, 2021
Colonial Country Club Community Development District
A special drive-around workshop meeting of the Board of Supervisors of the Colonial Country Club Community Development District was held on Monday, June 7, 2021 at 8 AM.
Present and constituting a quorum were:
Tony DeSantis – Chair
Joseph Zajac – Vice Chair
Sally Hefti – Assistant Secretary
Giovanna Scuderi – Assistant Secretary
Tim Worthington – Assistant Secretary
Also present were:
Nancy Dudak – Assistant District Manager
Christopher Pepin – Field Manager
The following is a summary of the actions taken at the Colonial Country Club Community Development District (CDD) Board of Supervisors special meeting.
FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS Call to Order and Roll Call
The Colonial Country Club Community Development District meeting was called to order and the Assistant District Manager took the roll. All Board members were present for today’s meeting. Also present was the Field Manager Christopher Pepin.
SECOND ORDER OF BUSINESS Drive Around
The special meeting was set for a drive around inspection of CDD property led by the Chair. The tour began by reviewing the boardwalk.
Some items that were reviewed:
- The Board discussed how best to smooth the transition transition from the cement path onto the wooden boardwalk, especially on the right side of the entrance where the lip is higher. Either a transition piece can be dropped in or the right side will need to be filed-down more without filing-down to the base of the boardwalk.
- Trees that need to be trimmed along the boardwalk were identified. Also pointed out were those that had recently been trimmed.
- The Board discussed modifying the boardwalk railing in locations where tree growth encroaches on the railing in the preserve.
- The Board discussed establishing a plan to replace portions of the boardwalk each year and replacing the natural wood with Trex composite boards or its equivalent.
- The trimmed vegetation along I-75 corridor looked great and all the Brazilian Pepper was removed.
- The Board discussed the washout on the 11th hole at the tee box. Staff will report it to the golf course. The golf course has several areas of erosion they will need to watch and address.
- At the corner of Mill Creek Way and Colonial Country Club Boulevard, the Field Manager was asked to remove the Earleaf Acacia and other invasives.
- The Board inspected the newly installed electrical panels and pumps at the end of lake 50. It was noted that a hose for the bubblers from the old system was exposed.
- Sod will be laid next week where the Geotube was installed on the lake near the #2 tee box.
- The Board discussed replacement of a wall with plywood, though it was noted that this is the HOA’s project and property.
- American Shoreline Restoration has replaced an additional 77 linear feet at no additional charge, while restoring the contracted lakeshores.
THIRD ORDER OF BUSINESS Adjournment
There being no further Orders of Business, the meeting was adjourned.