Skip to main content

Draft Meeting Minutes for December 19, 2022

Colonial Country Club
Community Development District

The regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors of the Colonial Country Club Community Development District was held on December 19, 2022 at 1:58 p.m. at the Colonial Country Club Media Room in the Ballroom at 9171 Independence Way in Fort Myers, Florida and also via web conference.

Present and constituting a quorum were:

Tim Worthington – Chair
Sally Hefti – Vice Chair
Howard Klein – Assistant Secretary
Giovanna Scuderi – Assistant Secretary
Joe Zajac – Assistant Secretary

Also present were:

Cal Teague – District Manager, Premier District Management (PDM)
Chris Pepin – Field Manager, Community Field Services
Melissa Gindling – Project Specialist, PDM
Christopher Dudak – Client Services Manager, PDM

The following is a summary of the actions taken at the Colonial Country Club Community Development District (CDD) Board of Supervisors meeting.

FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS Call to Order and Roll Call

The Colonial Country Club Community Development District Meeting was called to order and Chair Worthington called the roll. All Board members were present. Also present was Melissa Gindling, Project Specialist from PDM. Attending via web conference were Cal Teague, the District Manager, Chris Pepin, the Field Manager, and Christopher Dudak, Client Services Manager from PDM.

SECOND ORDER OF BUSINESS Approval of the Agenda

On MOTION by Supervisor Zajac, seconded by Supervisor Klein, with all in favor, the Board accepted the Agenda, as submitted.

THIRD ORDER OF BUSINESS Audience Comments on Agenda Items

There were no Audience comments on Agenda items.

FOURTH ORDER OF BUSINESS Approval of Meeting Minutes

A. Draft Regular Meeting Minutes November 28, 2022

On MOTION by Supervisor Scuderi, seconded by Vice Chair Hefti, with all in favor, the Board approved the Draft Regular Meeting Minutes from November 28, 2022, as submitted.


A. Aerator Installation for Lakes 18 & 7, 10 & 33 Follow Up

Chris Pepin stated that West Coast Electrical has begun the process of installing the meter, and additional outlets for L-18, and they hope to have it completed by the end of the month.

B. FY 2023 Lake Erosion Update

The Board requested that Chris obtain an updated price for the completion of the lake erosion project on Lakes 21, 22, and a small portion of Lake 10. Chris will get an estimate from American Shoreline Restoration.

District Manager Teague stated that they should find out from Engineer Marshall if a Limited Development Order is needed before finishing the project.

C. Update on New Lake Maintenance Contracts

Chris reported that FloridAquatic has been removing submerged and shoreline weeds and treating the small amount of algae that is present.

He also reported that Crystal Clear Fountains has begun evaluating the aerator systems, and he stated that they have been a little slow in responding. He will have a report on their progress by the next meeting.


There was no New Business.


A. Hurricane Ian Damages Update

Chris Pepin stated that the clean up is close to being completed. They have removed debris and trash from the lakes and shorelines and have also removed broken branches.

B. Financial Report for November 2022

District Manager Teague reviewed the Financials, and stated that there is still $10,208 in the Iberia account, because they are waiting for checks to come in. At Valley National Bank the operating fund and the marketing fund are both paying at 2.75%. He stated that US Bank is paying a competitive rate.

On MOTION by Supervisor Klein, seconded by Chair Worthington, with all in favor, the Board approved the Financials for November 2022, as presented.

C. FEMA Application Update

District Manager Teague stated that the handout that the Board received listed the issues that they had found so far and those that they anticipate, and he believes that the stormwater management system inspection and cleaning will be a large expense.

Supervisor Zajac asked District Manager Teague about the current interest on the bond, and District Manager Teague stated that it is 3.9%. Supervisor Zajac also asked about the current amount left on the bond and when it was refinanced. District Manager stated that he will send an email to the Board with this information.

District Manager Teague left the meeting at 2:25 p.m.


A. Current Field Inspection Report

Field Manager Pepin reviewed the Field Report and the following was discussed:

Chris stated that FloridAquatic is responding well, and he is happy with their work.

Chris reported that the submerged and shoreline weeds are being cleaned up, as well as, the spike rush on L-27.

He stated that there are washouts on L-21, and they will be addressed when the geotube is installed. They could add dirt and sod temporarily, but the geotube will be installed in the spring, so he will wait. Vice Chair Hefti and Chair Worthington stated that the geotube on L-22 is exposed, and Chris will have dirt and sod installed.

Chris stated that Aqua Preserve will do their quarterly preserve island cleanup at the end of the month, or in early February. He stated that the butterfly gardens will also be cleaned up in the near future.

Chris has seen some exotics, including Climbing Cassia and Balsam Apple, and he will inform Aqua Preserve of the issue.

He stated that a cabbage palm tree that is leaning over the perimeter fence will be removed. Supervisor Scuderi stated that there is also a palm tree in the water on L-26, and the Board asked Chris to remove it. She also stated that there is a leaning tree at L-18, and Chris will ask Patrick Tohill to have it removed.

Chris stated that he has asked Conidaris to repair the manhole cover that Sewer Viewer had unburied during their cleanout of the stormwater management system, but they are busy with hurricane cleanup at Fort Myers Beach. He suggested that he could install rip rap temporarily, and the Board agreed to have it done.

Chris stated that they are cleaning up the debris and vegetation from the perimeter fence at two locations on Shadow Glen Way. They will also be installing rebar in a hole in the fence behind a home on Shadow Glen Way.

Chair Worthington asked about the caution tape along a path in the preserves, and Chris stated that a homeowner considered it an ADA issue, because drop offs along the path are a hazard for a wheelchair. Patrick has submitted a claim to the insurance company and FEMA, and they will be adding soil, so the area is flush to the concrete.

B. Project Tracking/Maintenance Log

This was in the packet, and there were no questions.

C. Aquatic Field Report

This was in the packet, and there were no questions.

D. Follow up Items

There were no follow up items.


There was no report from Attorney Greg Urbancic.


There was no report from Engineer Sam Marshall.

ELEVENTH ORDER OF BUSINESS Supervisor Requests/Comments

All Supervisor requests and comments were covered earlier in the meeting.


There were no Audience comments.


The Board wants to make sure that the activities room is reserved for the January meeting, and Chair Worthington will check on it.

On MOTION by Supervisor Zajac, seconded by Supervisor Klein, with all in favor, the meeting was adjourned at 2:40 p.m.

The Next Regular Meeting will be on January 23, 2022 at 2:00 p.m.

Secretary/Assistant Secretary
Chair/Vice Chair